This is to inform you how SIA “REF Minerals”, registration number in Latvia: 40003967205 (REF Minerals or us, our, we) processes your personal data through website http://refminerals.com (hereinafter – website) in accordance with the European Union Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) and other applicable laws.
Users who are younger than 13 years of age have the right to use this website with the authorization of their parents or legal guardians under applicable law.
1. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCESSING?
REF Minerals is the controller of your personal data and processes your personal data for the purposes indicated below.
REF Minerals contact information for the queries related to personal data processing are as follows:
Address: Kugu Street 28-30, Riga, LV-1040
2. WHAT CATEGORIES OF DATA DOES DOKUMEDS USE AND WHY?
DOKUMEDS might process the following categories of your personal data (Personal Data) for the following purposes
PERSONAL DATA PURPOSE LEGAL BASIS
Name, surname, country, e-mail, place of work and any other Personal Data provided by you through our contact form or using our contact information Communication with clients and potential clients
Replying to your request
Provision of assistance pursuant to your request
Avoidance and/or prevention of potential disputes with you
Protection of REF Minerals interest in case of a dispute related to your Personal Data Legitimate interests of REF Minerals
Name, surname, country, e-mail, place of work and any other Personal Data provided by you through our contact form or using our contact information
Distribution of REF Minerals marketing materials
Promotion of REF Minerals services, attracting and retaining clients Legitimate interests of REF Minerals
IP address, operational system, browser type and version together with other previously indicated Personal Data submitted by you through the website online forms Protection of property, intellectual property, other assets and security of REF Minerals, its clients and users of the website
Ensuring the functioning and updating of the website
Legitimate interests of REF Minerals, clients and website users
All such Personal Data that is necessary for DOCUMENTS to comply with statutory requirements Compliance with the requirements of the applicable laws
Ensuring the provision of information for audits carried out by state or local authorities Statutory requirements**
Legitimate interests of REF Minerals
* You may withdraw your consent without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on the consent prior to its withdrawal. Please see further information on withdrawing consent in the Section “What are My Rights as a Data Subject?”
** Please note that in certain cases REF Minerals might be required to retain and/or collect your Personal Data or transfer it to state or local authorities due to legal requirements.
3. WHO RECEIVES PERSONAL DATA?
REF Minerals may transfer the Personal Data to the following recipients, unless applicable laws and regulations provide otherwise:
• to other group companies of REF Minerals (for example, for assistance in providing a reply to your online request);
• to third-party services that assist REF Minerals in processing of your Personal Data, related to the functioning of REF Minerals and the business development thereof, including, but not limited to data storage and IT service providers, providers of security services and business development services providers;
• to law enforcement institutions or other third parties, where deemed necessary under applicable laws and regulations.
Additionally, REF Minerals may receive the Personal Data from its business partners, state authorities (if it is allowed under the applicable laws) and public sources including other webpages.
4. HOW LONG DOES DOCUMENTS RETAIN PERSONAL DATA?
Your Personal Data shall be processed for the period of time that is reasonably required, subject to law. REF Minerals shall keep the Personal Data as long as it is required by applicable laws and regulations, as well as until such time as is necessary to fullfil the purposes of the processing of Personal Data specified above. For example, Personal Data submitted through the contact form will be stored as long as necessary to effect the communication, reply to the request and preserve the evidence of the communication if necessary to protect REF Minerals interests.
5. TRANSFERRING OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE EUROPEAN UNION
In some cases, REF Minerals may transfer Personal Data outside the European Union, for example, if the service providers of REF Minerals are situated outside the European Union. Depending on the circumstances, REF Minerals may opt to use special Personal Data protection guarantees set forth in the GDPR, such as entering into standard contractual clauses or using other legal basis, such as your consent or public interest. You have the right to get acquainted with the information on the transferring of your Personal Data outside the European Union by contacting us using the contact information specified in this Policy.
6. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT?
You have the following rights as a data subject:
• to request REF Minerals to provide access to your Personal Data;
• to rectify the Personal Data if it is inaccurate;
• to demand the erasure of the Personal Data if there is no basis for the further processing;
• to request restriction of the processing of the Personal Data;
• to object to the processing;
• the right to portability of the Personal Data to another legal or natural person, including by electronic means, taking into consideration the specified exceptions in the applicable laws;
• to lodge a complaint with the Latvian data protection authority (Data State Inspectorate), if you consider that your rights have been infringed;
• to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data if the processing of the Personal Data has been carried out on the basis of your consent. The withdrawal of the consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. To withdraw your consent, please use REF Minerals contact information specified herein. If you withdraw your consent, REF Minerals will stop the processing of such Personal Data, which the withdrawn consent related to.
The Policy may be updated from time to time. Please review the Policy on a regular basis to stay informed about the latest changes.
Last revised: 26.10.2022